Our Architects, ATA, have been working hard in putting together the site plan for our new church and facilities. We hope to present this to the city of Hamilton during the summer. Some features of the new church are listed below:
- Church seating: approximately 750 seating
- Church hall: table and chair seating approximately 150, with option to open onto the Narthex to provide for additional space
- Two meeting rooms
- Board room to also provide as collection counting room
- Four offices (Pastor, Associate Pastor, Pastoral Minister, etc.
- Two appointment rooms (for meetings with couples preparing for marriage, with families preparing for funerals, counselling, etc.)
- Large Narthex entry: will allow for gathering before and after Mass. Coffee Sundays will be possible here.
- Parking: over 300 spaces including handicapped parking spaces
- Two tentative spaces still to be designed:
– Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto
– Corpus Christi Adoration Chapel
Our Building Committee is hosting two update sessions for all parishioners. We will update on the process with the city planning department, introduce our Architect, and present some initial sketches of the church design and layout. Along with our building committee, Achim Klaas, our liturgical consultant will be present. It will be an opportunity for all parishioners to see our progress and be informed of next steps. There will be a time for questions.
Saturday May 12, 1:30pm Corpus Christi Site
Tuesday May 15, 7:30pm Our Lady of Lourdes Site